Hilton to consolidate Saudi presence with 50 new hotels
The announcement comes as Hilton signs multiple new properties, including a Conrad Hotel & Resorts property in Riyadh’s Laysen Valley, two hotels in Abha under the flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts and lifestyle Canopy by Hilton brands, and a Canopy by Hilton at the Porta Jeddah Development.
Hilton’s multi-brand, country-wide growth strategy will see further new hotel openings across brands such as LXR Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, and Hampton by Hilton.
Hilton has accelerated its growth strategy in Saudi Arabia in recent years, announcing multiple signings as the company works towards its plans to increase its portfolio to more than 75 trading properties across the country.
The latest of these signings include Conrad Hotels & Resorts entry into the heart of the Saudi capital with Conrad Riyadh Laysen Valley, which is set to open in 2025. Hilton’s growth continues in secondary cities, with the recent signings in Abha, Hilton The Point Residences and Canopy by Hilton The Point, both due to open in 2026.
Commenting on Hilton’s growth in Saudi Arabia, Carlos Khneisser, Vice President, Development, Middle East & Africa, said: “Saudi Arabia’s rapid evolution continues to provide exciting growth opportunities for Hilton, and we’re working closely with our owners to introduce more award-winning hospitality brands in existing and new locations throughout the country. These latest signings are strong examples of our diversified growth in up-and-coming, large-scale developments such as Laysen Valley in Riyadh and our commitment to unlock tourism potential in the secondary cities.”With plans to more than quadruple its presence in Saudi Arabia over the next few years, Hilton is working closely with leading owners and developers to enhance business and leisure travel destinations throughout the country.
Latest hotel signings for Saudi Arabia include:
• Waldorf Astoria Diriyah – the iconic 200-guest hotel, expected to open in 2028, will be located in a prime position within Diriyah, surrounded by high-end restaurants, luxury retail stores, residences, art galleries and museums.
• LXR Hotels & Resorts Diriyah – this secluded retreat, expected to open in 2026, will house 80 immaculately designed guest rooms and enchanting villas, offering Diriyah visitors a lush escape of tranquility and relaxation.
• Canopy by Hilton Al Khobar Ajdan Waterfront – The 120-guest room hotel, expected to open in 2026, is ideally located on the corniche, adjacent to Boulevard Ajdan, the high-end shopping and entertainment destination.
• DoubleTree by Hilton Jeddah Al Andalus Mall – the 164–guest room hotel attached to the Jeddah Al Andalus Mall is due to open next year.
• DoubleTree by Hilton Jeddah Al Marwah – this 178-guest room hotel will be located within close proximity to the King Abdulaziz International Airport, and on the corner of the bustling Hira Street.
• Hampton by Hilton NEOM Community – expected to open later this year, Hampton by Hilton NEOM Community will feature 201 guest rooms.
• Hampton by Hilton Hafr al-Batin –will feature 150 guest rooms and is due to open in 2026.Hilton currently operates 16 hotels in Saudi Arabia, including Waldorf Astoria Jeddah – Qasr Al Sharq, Conrad Makkah, and Hilton Riyadh Hotel & Residences. Its development pipeline of more than 50 properties includes the introduction of new brands like LXR Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, and Hampton by Hilton.