Swiss-Belhotel International unveiled its global expansion strategy with a goal to reach 250 hotels worldwide with 50,000 rooms in operation and under development by 2022.
The group currently holds a portfolio of 145 hotels and projects with 14 unique brands spread across 24 countries.
Gavin M Faull, chairman and president of Swiss-Belhotel International, said: “We are seeing an excellent growth momentum across our portfolio of brands with owners increasingly wanting their hotels to be managed by an international brand which is different from large international hotel companies. 2019 is a very significant year for us whereby we have 28 new hotels lined up for opening and out of these, 35 per cent will be located in the Middle East, while the remaining 65 per cent are spread across China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Germany and New Zealand.”
While aggressively growing its footprint in strategic locations, Swiss-Belhotel International remains focused on enhancing profitability with superior brand standards and unique guest experiences in diverse market segments.
“We will continue to strengthen and develop our various brands while maximising returns for owners and accelerating growth in emerging countries as they get easier to reach with greater global accessibility and connectivity. Vietnam is a good example of a fast-growing tourism destination in the Asia Pacific with the country seeing phenomenal progress in the past 12 months. Similarly, the Middle East’s strong travel and tourism outlook matches our ambitious expansion goals and presents us with robust opportunities that we are eager to capitalise on.”
Highlighting Swiss-Belhotel International’s compelling brand proposition, he said, “Our strength remains the unique fusion of Swiss hospitality and professionalism with Asian passion and service, and we will continue to leverage on it as we enter new destinations.”
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.