The line-up has been revealed of shortlisted candidates in the first International Travel & Tourism Awards, presented by WTM. The prestigious awards scheme celebrates the very best of travel and tourism on a global scale, recognising the outstanding successes of tourist boards, private sector companies and individuals. The winners will be announced to an audience of more than 500 leading industry figures – including government ministers – during a prestigious awards ceremony at London’s Grade I-listed Tobacco Dock, not far from WTM London’s Excel venue (Tuesday November 6).
A distinguished panel of independent judges has assessed the first tranche of categories and the contenders have been unveiled. The awards are co-chaired by Marcelo Risi, UNWTO Chief of Communications, and Nick Pilbeam, Reed Travel Exhibitions director. Expert judges are drawn from top industry organisations including London & Partners, Euromonitor International, public relations body PRCA, Global Wellness Institute, Association of Southern African Travel Agents.
Paul Nelson, International Travel & Tourism Awards co-founder, said: “We have been delighted with both the volume and quality of the entries for the International Travel & Tourism Awards. Entries have come from countries right across the world – from destinations as diverse as Toronto, Zagreb, Jordan and Northern Ireland – and they demonstrate how tourism is playing a vital role in the economies of different cities and regions.
“Our judges have been greatly impressed by the exceptional quality of entries, and those who are on the shortlist know they have reached a very high standard – they will be among the best in the world.”
The first categories to have shortlists unveiled are:
• Best Regional or City Campaign
This category is sponsored by the World Tourism Cities Federation (WTCF), the world’s first international tourism organisation focusing on cities.
• Advent in Zagreb by Zagreb Tourist Board
• After-Rain Ads by DEC BBDO on behalf of Canary Islands Tourism
• Come Together Campaign by Marketing Manchester
• LIVE INSPIRED by Kerala Tourism
• The MUD SOLDIER by VISITFLANDERS
• The Views are Different Here Campaign by Tourism Toronto
• Visit Greenwich Digital Marketing Campaign by Visit Greenwich
• Best Tourism Marketing Agency
• ExtraJordanary - reinvigorating tourism to Jordan by Brighter Group, A Finn Partners Company
• MAMMA MIA! The Musical - Tourism Marketing Campaign Jan 2016 - Dec 2017 by made tourism marketing on behalf of Littlestar Services
• Ras Al Khaimah - Beyond A Journey by PR MEDIACO
• Supporting World Bee Day: Bringing Slovenian api tourism to the world stage by AM+A Marketing and Media Relations
• The Unique Inova Approach by Inova Hospitality Management
• Most Innovative Use of Technology Within a Destination
• Global Pocket Wifi by Hong Kong uCloudlink Network Technology Limited
• Google Trekker South Africa by South African Tourism and Drive South Africa
• Kyiv City Guide by Tourism and Promotion Department
• Vegas: Alter Your Reality by Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
• Walk On Walk Off - Flexible Tour Pass by Walks and City Connect
• Yas Connect by Miral Asset Management
• Best Digital Influencer in the Industry
• Castle Hostels Campaign (#CastleHostels) by Family Adventure Project, Budget Traveller and Jugenderberge.de
• City Break Travel Blog by in a city near you
• Louisiana Road Trip with Baby by Inside the Travel Lab and TTM World - New Orleans & Company / Louisiana Office of Tourism in the UK and Ireland
• Vagabrothers by Vagabrothers Productions LTD
• Sustainable Tourism Blog by Viajar Verde
• Best Food Destination
• A Taste of West Cork Food Festival by A Taste of West Cork and Cork County Council
• Catalonia European Region of Gastronomy 2016 (CREG'16) by Catalan Tourist Board (CTB)
• Northern Ireland - Year of Food and Drink 2016 by FoodNI Ltd
• TXOTX! By Gipuzkoa Provincial Council
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.