Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand, has announced the addition of 25 new member hotels and resorts across eight countries between August and October 2017.
From the most iconic city beachfront in Hawaii to the majestic culture and traditions of Rajasthan, India, travellers can now enjoy experiencing #ThePreferredLife in even more destinations while staying at distinctive independent properties around the world.
Highlights of the new hotel additions include:
• Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach (Honolulu, Hawaii) – Scheduled to formally open in December 2017 after an extensive $115 million transformation, this 839-room luxury resort will feature breath-taking oceanfront and Diamond Head views, a destination pool deck replete with a saltwater infinity pool and cabanas, and five exciting culinary concepts that includes a signature restaurant, Morimoto Asia, by Iron Chef Morimoto. Guests will be in awe the moment they walk into the hotel lobby and view its centrepiece – a 280,000-gallon saltwater Oceanarium that will be home to a multitude of indigenous marine life.
• Le Bristol Beirut (Beirut, Lebanon) – This elegant award-winning hotel is located in the heart of this vibrant city, known as the “Paris of the Middle East,” and offers 157 themed guestrooms - from modern contemporary and 1960’s retro chic to rich Ottoman Empire-inspired designs that evoke the aura of Arabian nights. When they need to venture outside, travellers will enjoy close proximity to both Verdun Street, one of the city’s most popular shopping destinations, and Hamra Street, the hub of the Beirut’s club scene and vibrant nightlife.
• H10 Metropolitan (Barcelona, Spain) – Located in the epicentre of Barcelona’s Eixample District, this beautifully restored 85-room historic hotel designed by Lazaro Rosa-Violan evokes the charm of 19th century industrial Barcelona. Some of the city’s best shopping and dining options in Plaça Catalunya and Les Rambles are a short stroll away, as well as local attractions like UNESCO World Heritage site Sagrada Familia, an unfinished Roman Catholic church designed by Antoni Gaudi. For guests who prefer a more leisurely pace, the hotel offers an outdoor terrace plunge pool replete with sun loungers and picturesque views of its vibrant neighbourhood.
• Wanda Reign Wuhan (Wuhan, China) – This award-winning luxury hotel is strategically located in the scenic East Lake Scenic Area of Wuhan, next to the famous Han Street commercial Centre and the iconic Han Show Theatre that regularly showcases a unique collection of aquatic performances. It features 413 elegantly appointed guestrooms with stunning views of the surrounding cityscape and the picturesque East Lake, personalised in-room options including preferred choices of beverage in the mini bar, and in-room fragrances. The hotel also offers one of the best Chinese restaurants in the city, featuring authentic timeless Huaiyang cuisine.
• Shahpura House (Jaipur, Rajasthan, India) – Once the royal palace of the ruling Shekhawat clan of the Rajputs, this magnificent heritage hotel presents a mixture of Mughal and Indian architecture, with intricately carved stone pillars, domes and precious artefacts from a bygone era. Located in a plush residential area of Jaipur, the hotel is flanked by a maze of lanes that offer up their secret stash of colourful stalls, temples, verdant gardens and lakes. The 65 haveli-style guest rooms feature Rajput-inspired decorations embellished with marble and semi-precious stones, and come with private verandas and modern amenities. There is also an on-site spa offering curated signature treatments and massages.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts between 1 August and 31 October 2017 include:
• Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa (Guerrero, Mexico)
• Royalton Hotel (New York, United States)
• The Maritime Hotel New York (New York, United States)
• Green Park Inn (Blowing Rock, North Carolina, United States)
• Cork Factory Hotel (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States)
• The Commonwealth (Richmond, Virginia, United States)
• Alpenhof Lodge (Teton Village, Wyoming, United States)
• The Queensbury Hotel (Glen Falls, New York, United States)
• Yurbban Passage Hotel & Spa (Barcelona, Spain)
• H10 CUBIK (Barcelona, Spain)
• Myconian Naia (Mykonos, Greece)
• The Bodrum by Paramount Hotels & Resorts (Bodrum, Turkey)
• Pestana Amsterdam Riverside (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
• Cresta Palace (Celerina, Switzerland)
• Turyaa Chennai (Chennai, India)
• WelcomHotel Dwarka, New Delhi (New Delhi, India)
• Shahpura Haveli (Jaipur, India)
• The Primus Hotel Shanghai Hongqiao (Shanghai, China)
• The Longemont Hotel Shenyang (Shenyang, China)
• Connect Busan (Busan, South Korea).
Whether travelling for business or leisure, travellers can access exclusive member rates and earn reward points at many of these properties through the Preferred Hotels & Resorts iPrefer hotel rewards programme. Free to join, the programme extends points redeemable towards free nights and other on-property expenditures, elite status, and other complimentary benefits to guests. - TradeArabia News Service
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.